Texas State Alum Zachary Perkins joins me today on the podcast!
My TAKEAWAYS from this episode with Zachary are:
1. When you open up the door to writing about one experience in your life, you may unexpectedly find yourself opening up a box of many experiences (both amazing and painful).
2. For many of us, especially those of us that avoid confrontation, writing your unfiltered thoughts and feelings can be incredibly cathartic. Real life isn’t meant to be polished and perfect, so through writing, we can embrace our own truth and find peace in what was.
3. In unpacking traumatic experiences, you may find that you have the opportunity to explain the situations from your perspective to others that were there in the moment. In doing so, many times it is very eye opening for others to understand how the event affected you.
4. Everyone’s healing journey is so personal and unique. What helps one person may not help the next person. Take any advice you get with gratitude but also have the knowing that the road will have twists and turns in finding what works for YOU in each moment.
5. Resiliency is a beautiful thing that is within you and, in divine timing, that tool will be found in your back pocket to help you push through and rise above a situation.
Check him out on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/exzachtchange/
Grab his book here barnesandnoble.com/w/how-much-time-do-you-have-zachary-perkins/1141257793
See Zachary’s documentary below: